Flutter news app is a modern looking news app which has a no sql type firebase firestore database which is super fast and has an admin panel where you can push new articles easily. Firebase push notification also implmented which means you can notify the users instantly when a new article is published.
App has a simple clean UI which and a UX. App follows app design conventions and the source is modular where you can easily tweek and do changes to the app.
- Simple but stunning UI
- Read later list where the user can add articles to read later.
- Cached images to show the articles even when the user is offline
- Firebase cloud messaging
- An admin panel to push new articles to the website with the image
- Bug-free highly modular scripts
The flutter version used in the project is “Flutter 1.9.1+hotfix.6”. The project is modular which means the data is separated from the ui.
App contains 3 screens
- Splash Screen
- Main Menu
- Article Screen
1. Splash screen shows the app logo or the company logo while initializing the app. Articles are fetched from the database and once this is done, it will automatically push the main menu.
2. Main menu has two sections. one contains the recent articles where the articles will be ordered with the time of publish and the other section contains the articles user has selected to watch later. Articles will be shown with a thumbnail.
App uses a dark theme and you might need to change the colors to suit your needs.
3. Article screen has a large image and the article. There is an option where user can add the article to read later list.
In addition I’ll help you out to set up Admob and do tweeks to the source if you want.