Working example here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newworldtvapp&hl=fr
Full React Native app to watch livestreams or TV channels directly with your mobile!
You want a simple but complete application, native, allowing to watch TV channels or livestreams or your mobile? OpenStreams is what you need!
OpenStreams allows you, from a simple JSON, to show a dynamic list of channels (or livestreams) in a nice design.
OpenStreams is not a “mobile web app”, an “HTML5 app”, or a “hybrid app”. It’s a real mobile app that’s indistinguishable from an app built using Objective-C or Java. React Native allows OpenStreams to use the same fundamental UI building blocks as regular iOS and Android apps. Y
– Full source code and documentation
– Multiple language support on both iOS/Android (simple Key-value pair file for translation). Default supported languages: English/French – but you can simply add yours!
– Use ExoPlayer on Android, the new player Google is supporting. Exoplayer is highly extensbible, and is much energy efficient than VitamioPlayer (and every FFmpeg based player).
– Automatic rotations supported. Video always in 16/9 ratio (customizable)
– Support both HTTP livestreaming and local files.
– Player controls and behaviour highly customizable
– Recommended live protocol: HLS
– Recommended local format: mp4