16 June 2020 • Full app changelogs. • Gradle updated. • sdk updated to 28. • Full app files updated to AndroidX.
29 July 2019 • Fixed the crashing issue on image sharing. • The exception is handled which was causing crash issues “java.lang.NullPointerException: uriString” • Memes screen improved by using recycler View, previously list view was implemented • Improved List item screen design by using grid view property, applied proper layout and alignments. • Create Memes screen improved with better alignment and with Proper font size. • Add Shared Element Transitions in Recycler view to Activity for enhancement of better user experience. • Update project to latest Version Android 9.0
16 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1.1 • Removed all dependencies of play-services | left only this one in build.gradle: implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+'
11 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1 • Updated 'compileSdkVersion' and 'targetSdkVersion' to 27 in build.gradle • Replaced 'compile' with 'implementation' in build.gradle (Module: app) • Updated classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.1.1' in build.gradle (Project:)
iMeme is a Universal App Template where you can create your funny meme images from your own pictures or from the ones suggested on the Home screen (you can add all images you want in there). Ten, after setting the top and bottom texts over your selected picture you can share them by Mail, SMS or by the social network apps installed on your device, like Facebook, Twitter, Google +, WhatsApp, etc.
iMemes is a native Android Studio project, Universal, super easy to customize.
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code.
Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
How do I rename the app’s package name?
Read this tutorial to learn how to rename a package name: https://hubpages.com/technology/Android-How-to-rename-an-app-package
Should I use the latest version of Android Studio to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE and you also should make sure you’ve updated the Android Tools to their latest version of the Android SDK manager.
The demo APK crashes on startup
Make sure that the minimum Android version of your device is the one listed in the FEATURES section below. If the problem persists, please contact me by my profile’s contact form and send me the Logcat message of you get when the app crashes along with the steps you made to reproduce the crash.
Please note that not all real devices print an error Logcat message, in this case just run the APK into the Android Studio’s emulator and you’ll surely get the red messages about your issue.
How do I remove AdMob banner ads?
- Enter the .xml files where there’s an AdView and remove its code:<com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/admobBanner" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="@string/ADMOB_BANNER_UNIT_ID" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"> </com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView>
- Enter the .java files where there’s an AdRequest instance into its onCreate() method and remove its code:// Init AdMob banner AdView mAdView = (AdView) findViewById(R.id.admobBanner); AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);
- Lastly, remove the play-services-ads reference in the build.gradle file:compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+'
- Android Studio 3.x – Universal – Android 5.0+
- AdMob banners
- Share your funny Memes on social networks, Mail and SMS
- Create memes from your own photos or by selecting an image from the Home screen
- PDF User Guide and PSD icons included
- Easy to customize | Well commented code
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID